**Please indicate the position you are applying for in your resume**
As Director of i2m APAC, you will define the long-term Strategy for your area of responsibility in alignment with the respective Business Strategy. As well as planning and executing the short, medium & long-term activities. The position reports to MANN+HUMMEL CTO/CDO.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Managing Incube Asia – to accelerate incubation of new businesses with focus Asia
- Assist M+H corporate venture activities locally in the APAC region
- Expand and grow M+H digital ventures businesses in the APAC region with a focus on China
In leading and developing a group of dynamic, driven and competent people you will be responsible for the financial performance and key results within the respective region:
- Oversee the planning and delivery of the activities of the M+H incube program in APAC.
- Communicate and promote Incube internally and externally to increase the quantity and caliber of the applicants
- Develop a method to screen, evaluate and select candidates into the program
- Support the incubated projects with internal and external resources to increase the chance of success, quality and speed.
- Develop and coach the participants throughout the various maturity stage of launching a new business.
- Monitor and support the projects through active governance including regular reviews, one on one individual reviews, project meetings.
- Interact with local governmental agencies to secure financial and non- financial support
- Interact and involved local partners, corporations and institute to leverage existing infrastructure and adapt them when possible to our needs.
- Monitor financial expenses, reports, cash-flow related to the incube activities and new businesses operating out of the Incube process.
- Support M+H Corporate Centure group activities in the APAC regions
- Scout and research possible strategic cooperations with startups.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, intermediaries, and executives to stay informed of early and growth companies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with VCs, Incubators and Accelerators to create a robust pipeline of investment opportunities in Singapore and in the region
- Support negotiation, structure, execution of transactions within the existing Corporate Ventures framework for opportunities in the APAC region.
- Manage existing and new investments / partnerships in the region
- Communicate successfully with entrepreneurs, management teams, partners, and other stakeholders, including attorneys, advisors, consultants, and MANN+HUMMEL’s Executive Management.
- Evaluate and conduct due diligence on specific opportunities to assess attractiveness and structure relationship.
Digital Venture business (APAC region)
- Accountable for collective management of the business development efforts (sales growth) across the Digital Venture teams to be launched within the i2m APAC framework.
- Accountable for fast and efficient operational structure within i2m APAC to maximize success and speed for all Digital Venture teams.
- Identify business and customer needs and propose solutions to adapt existing offerings or to create new products/services
- Lead regional marketing efforts in coordination with the global digital business owners
- Ensure Digital Venture teams are following best practice for early stage ventures including, early customer validation, product-market fit, product development (superior UI/UX and customer experience) and lean and agile thinking.
- Ensure coordination of sales, marketing and technical development efforts across the teams for maximum efficiency and learning across teams.
- Identifies new and emerging trends in the market
- Builds positive relationships with business partners. Understanding and influencing their needs, to deploy appropriate business strategy and ensuring appropriate solutions are deployed.
Leadership / Strategic Role
- Accountable to drive innovation, speed, and delivery of projects, together with relevant key stakeholders
- Set performance targets, reviews, training plans and career development plans
- Plan, Review, update and control department expense budget
- Management of outside vendors and subject matter expert consultants
- Responsible for overall project and operations performance
- Recruit, develop and manage high performance teams. Implement talent management programs in coordination with HR.