Managing the accounting and controlling functions of three entities, (MWSG, holding entity, MNSG, trading entity and MVSG research entity) the Senior Finance Manager role and responsibilities are defined as follows:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting departments
- Manage monthly/ year-end closing process and ensure all financial reports are promptly and accurately prepared in accordance to the relevant regulations, law and standards
- Implement the M+H accounting policies, programs, and systems to control the M+H assets in the area of responsibility and provide complete, updated and accurate financial information and records;
- Coordinate external and internal audits; including year-end financial audit, and other audits
- Ensure that all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time for both direct and indirect cash and duty matters.
- Manage tax compliance and planning activities for respective country in accordance to the local tax regulations
- Responsible for accounting/ controlling related projects, if any.
- Manage, direct and control the financial, accounting and treasury activities in a region, country or business unit
- Develop, maintain and implement the financial plans, forecasts and analyses (revenues, liabilities, credit conditions, etc.), manage daily cash transactions; compile, verify, and analyze the cash flow information to prepare accurate reports
- Plan the short-term financial requirements; negotiate, administer, and repay loans; maintain the cash management programs; conduct the financial feasibility studies and participate in the financial planning process, manage and supervise the receipt, custody, control and disbursement of funds and securities as well as M+H banking, credit and investment functions
Financial planning and analysis
- Lead and coordinate the annual budgeting process, as well as monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Perform periodic variance analysis of budgeted, forecasted and actual financial performance.
- Responsible for management reports on company financial performance and variance analysis results, and provide support in financial reviews.
- Assist to identify and implement financial and operationally relevant key performance indicators across and within respective business units.
- Monitor and highlight trends with resulting implications, analyze business drivers and the causes of unexpected variance, and provide recommendations to drive efficiency in support of strategic initiatives.
- Partnering with the business heads to provide support in relation to accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Communicate and present periodical financial reports.
Leadership within the area of responsibility
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Plan, implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations