This Venture Leader position operates within i2M LLC and dedicated to the Senzit HD business. The successful candidate will have ownership for all areas of the business and must ensure the development of all commercial and technical solutions needed. Responsibilities include market identification, customer development, product definition, technical development execution, budget forecasting and performance.
The position reports to the i2M President and General Manager and is governed by an advisory board made up of i2M and MANN+HUMMEL (parent company) members.
Technical Solution and Business Model Development
- Identify problems or pain-points for customers
- Design product requirements to address these problems / pain points with a general focus on digital solutions.
- Develop the business and pricing models required to capture the value created by the solutions.
- Direct and coordinate all venture activities to develop and implement long-range goals necessary to meet business and profitability growth objectives
- Manage a technical development team made up of internal and external resources to execute the development of the digital solution.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
Market Traction / Sales Development
- As part of the business model development, the position is required to prove first traction for the product / solution defined and built. Traction includes:
- Executing proof-of-concept (POC), proof-of-value (POV), and pilot projects with customers.
- Identifying co-development and channel partners to accelerate adoption.
- Direct sales to the identified customers.
- In certain stages, the position will also need to build out a sales processes and a team to support such a process.
- Ensure effective communication between customers and internal team
- Conduct frequent analysis of Sales & Marketing performance metrics to determine efficacy and take countermeasures where needed.
- Manage and grow the internal venture team, and establish and monitor performance standards including OKRs that frame the quality of the team’s efforts
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including sales forecasts, financial performance, and new product development goals
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent in agreement with stakeholders
- Build venture image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees, enforcing ethical business practices
Venture Financial Forecast and Budgeting
- The position is required to budget all the expenses in the Incubation and Acceleration phases. Financial forecast for unit sales and revenue must be developed to justify continued allocation of budget for development.