Commercial vehicles, construction and agricultural machinery as well as industrial engines have to work long and reliably, usually under tough operating conditions. A partly bad fuel quality makes this task even more difficult. Fuel filters from MANN+HUMMEL protect modern diesel injection systems from dirt particles and water droplets. They therefore reliably supply the engine with clean fuel and increase its service life.
Fuel main filters from MANN+HUMMEL are available as spin-on fuel filters as well as filter modules. Our spin-on fuel filters impress with high pulsation resistance and pressure stability. Depending on the requirements, various MULTIGRADE filter media with different filtration efficiencies, sizes and service intervals, as well as the appropriate filter heads, can be used to reduce system wear. Customized fuel filter modules convince with a high level of functional integration.
- High efficient and environmentally friendly MULTIGRADE filter elements
- Unique three-stage water separation
- Fast, easy and clean service
Fuel filter modules
- Integrated heating for reliable engine operation at low temperatures
- Integration of various functions to fulfill individual customer demands
Spin-on fuel filters
- Standardized design
- Quickly available worldwide
- High pulsation resistance and pressure stability
Spin-on oil filters from MANN+HUMMEL have been proven for years and offer optimum protection. However, the filter change of conventional spin-on filters is power-consuming and only possible with a strap wrench or a comparable special tool. The bayonet lock developed by MANN+HUMMEL for the mounting of spin-on filters sets new standards for easy servicing and reduction of service costs.
The main design of the WAVELOCK system is largely comparable to the conventional spin‑on filter. The fluid to be filtered flows through the filter head axially into the filter and flows through the filter element from the outside to the inside. The cleaned fluid flows out of the filter through its center. The sealing to the environment and between the dirty and clean side of the filter element is respectively made with a radial O-ring. Depending on the respective requirements, the modular design can be used to integrate additional functions such as a filter bypass valve or an anti-drain membrane. The WAVELOCK spin-on filter does not require additional space for fitting or removal.
The key innovation of the WAVELOCK spin-on filter is the design of the connection to the flange on the filter head. A bayonet concept with three bayonet wings was designed to enable a quick and easy service with fitting or removal carried out simply by a 90° rotation. Filter service takes place without the use of special tools, making maintenance and assembly particularly simple and safe. Clearly defined loosening and tightening torques reduce assembly errors.
The sealing between the filter head and the WAVELOCK spin-on filter is made with two radial O-rings. This robust design with pressurized sealing also seals reliably at high pressures and can compensate relative movements in the application. As there is no thread present in the flow area of the fluid, the component cleanliness is considerably increased. Shavings or wear particles from the thread manufacture or fitting process cannot enter the fluid.
In order to cover a wide range of applications in fuel, oil and hydraulic oil filtration, the integration of the WAVELOCK design into a modular system is currently being implemented. This enables different sizes, diverse filtration requirements and additional functions to be combined in a modular system. The first product family in which the WAVELOCK concept is being implemented is the modular fuel pre-filter portfolio. There are three different filter heads for the complete product range in this size, the standard version, a version with a hand-operated pump and another with an electric fuel pump. The WAVELOCK spin-on filter is available in two lengths. The WAVELOCK spin-on filters are also available with water separation and will be equipped with a variety of filter media. Finally, with the addition of components such as an electric heater or water sensor, the WAVELOCK fuel pre‑filter system is suitable for universal use.
- Tool-free and thus fast filter service
- Combines the simplicity and variability of a spin-on filter with the requirements of modern filter systems
- Patented bayonet connection as interface between spin-on filter and filter head enables copy protection and prevents the use of inferior filters
- Increased operational reliability due to radial seals to the environment and between the dirty and clean sides of the filter
- Improved component cleanliness by eliminating threads to be machined in the fluid area
- Robust design using established components from spin-on filter technology
- Modular design covers different sizes and functions
- Improved total cost of ownership